The European Commission approved Lufthansa‘s acquisition of Brussels Airlines on 22 June. Lufthansa is to buy a 45% stake in Brussels Airlines parent company SN Airholding SA/NV for EUR65 million, with an option to acquire the remaining 55% in 2011. The approval is conditional upon the implementation of a set of remedies to alleviate the Commission’s concern that competition would be restricted on several routes. Under these remedies, Lufthansa will make available slots for new entrants wishing to operate those routes.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)