Tronos’ BAe 146 air tanker was delivered to Neptune Aviation Services at Missoula, Montana, for further testing of her firefighting capabilities. Former Air Wisconsin BAe 146-200 N608AW (msn E2049) was modified by Tronos to carry a 3,000 US gal internal tank with four drop chutes. She made her first drop on 28 October, 2009. She was re-registered as N146FF on 12 May, and ferried as such to Missoula on 15 May, painted as ‘Tanker 40’, in a color scheme similar to that worn by Neptune Aviation Lockheed P2V Neptune air tankers.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)