Brussels Airlines continues to withdraw its Avro RJ85s and return them off-lease. RJ85 OO-DJN (msn E2275) was the latest to depart, being ferried to Kemble on 14 February. The latest departure reduces the airline’s RJ85 fleet to eight. OO-DJK (msn E2271) was the first RJ85 to depart, in August 2011. OO-DJL (msn E2292) followed in December 2011, while OO-DJO (msn E2279), -DJQ (msn E2289), and -DJS (msn E2292) all left in January 2012. All Avro RJ85s are to be phased out by the end of the year, as are the airline’s Boeing 737-300 and -400s. To replace them, the airline is acquiring additional Airbus narrowbodies and contracting other airlines to operate the thinner routes with turboprops or regional jets.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)