Tronos has delivered the third BAe 146 air tanker to Neptune Aviation Services. The former Flybe series 200 N472NA (msn E2138) was converted at Tronos’ Summerside base. She was then ferried to Missoula, via Green Bay, on 24 October. Though sporting Neptune’s red tail, her light blue underside reveals her Flybe heritage. In Neptune service, she will become “Tanker 10”, taking up the marks previously used by a P2V Neptune that was retired in 2012 because of wing cracks. The U.S. Forest Service (USFS) had awarded Neptune a contract to operate two additional 146 air tankers, but this contract was challenged by several losing bidders, and will now be reposted.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)