Neptune Aviation has withdrawn its protest over being passed over by the US Forest Service when it awarded its ‘Next Generation’ air tanker contracts. The company did not give a reason for withdrawing its protest, but it has been under heavy pressure as the protest was holding up the award of the contracts, which were already delayed by the cancellation of an earlier round of awards. Colorado Senator Mark Udall has called on the USFS to over-ride Neptune’s protest to ensure that large air tankers are available to fight wildfires. Neptune’s current ‘legacy’ contract covers two BAe 146 air tankers and six Lockheed P2Vs.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)