BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042) of Aerovías DAP operated a medical evacuation flight from the Teniente Marsh airfield on Isla Rey Jorge, in Antarctica. A Dutch tourist on an Oceanwide Expedition cruise had developed a cardiac problem and been brought ashore at the base. CC-AZP took off from Punta Arenas at midnight on 17 December to evacuate her, returning to Punta Arenas later that day with the patient.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)