Minden Air began drop tests with its ‘Fireliner’ BAe 146 air tanker conversion on 18 June. As called for by the Interagency Air Tanker Board, BAe 146-200 N446MA/Tanker 46 (msn E2111) has been dropping retardant over a field of thousands of plastic cups. The amount of retardant in each cup is then measured to determine the distribution and density of retardant dropped. N446MA/Tanker 46 was modified by Minden to carry a 3,100 US gal internal tank. The company was awarded a ‘next generation’ contract for its 146 in June 2013, but has missed its contractual start date.
Recent news items on Minden Air:
- Registration of Minden Air BAe 146s expires (2017-05-05)
- Minden Air files for bankruptcy protection (2016-09-01)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker named ‘Fireliner’ (2013-08-02)
- Minden Air BAe 146 air tanker flies (2013-06-10)
- US Forest Service awards ‘Next Generation’ air tanker contracts (2013-05-08)