Iranian airline Mahan Air has added another Avro RJ85. The latest addition is RJ85 G-CEIF (msn E2347), which was formerly CityJet‘s EI-RJJ. She was returned off-lease to Falko in late October 2014, at which point her previous registration of G-CEIF was restored. After a period of storage at Cranfield, she was ferried to Craiova on 21 April. Her UK registration was cancelled on 23 June as exported to Ukraine. Although she was indeed ferried to Kyiv, her stay there was brief, as she was ferried to Tehran on 4 September, still wearing basic CityJet colors. She entered service with Mahan Air on 29 October, with the Mahan colors applied on top of the CityJet scheme.
Recent news items on Mahan Air:
- US extends sanctions on Mahan Air (2018-06-03)
- Mahan Air retires 146th BAe 146 (2017-12-08)
- Report blames pilot error for Mahan Air BAe 146 runway over-run (2017-04-24)
- Iranian President flies on Mahan Air Avro RJ85 (2017-04-08)
- Mahan Air Avro BAe 146 damaged in runway overrun (2016-06-20)