Romania’s Aviro Air will operate its BAe 146-300, YR-AVR (msn E3193) on behalf of Italian virtual airline PeopleFly beginning in late October. The 146 will initially operate from Trapani, on the western tip of Sicily, to Barcellona, Paris Orly, and Roma Fiumicino. PeopleFly, based in Cagliari, offers low-cost flights to a variety of destinations. This is Aviro Air’s second try at operating for an Italian virtual airline. YR-AVR had discussed operating on behalf of SoleAir during the 2016 summer season, but that contract never materialized.
[updated 2012/12/30 to correct details on previous operations]
Recent news items on Aviro Air:
- Aviro Air ends BAe 146 operations (2019-02-13)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 leaves Italy (2018-08-26)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 returns to Italy (2018-07-03)
- Aviro Air BAe 146 returns home (2018-06-18)
- Aviro replaces Astra on NextJet services (2018-03-10)