The second Avro RJ100 for BVI Airways, VP-LWW (msn E3274 ex HB-IXV), has been painted in the airline’s colors at Summerside. her colors differ from those sported by the airline’s first RJ100, VP-LOS (msn E3282), in that the underside is painted dark blue. It is thought that VP-LOS will also be repainted in this scheme. BVI Airways completed the acquisition of VP-LWW from Tronos on 20 December 2016, but she had remained at Summerside being prepared for service. The airline received a revised Air Operator Certificate (AOC) in February, but is still awaiting approval from US authorities to begin flights to Miami.
Recent news items on BVI Airways:
- Neptune acquires Avro RJ100 (2018-02-21)
- BVI government calls BVI Airways in breach of contract (2017-12-15)
- BVI Airways Avro RJ100 ferried to Summerside (2017-09-02)
- Out of cash, BVI Airways lays off flight crew (2017-07-19)
- BVI Airways denies date for service start (2017-07-05)