Brussels Airlines continues to wind down its Avro RJ100 fleet, and now only has a single example of the type left in service. Following several retirements in the spring, the airline operated three RJ100s over the summer. Retirements resumed once the busy summer flying wound down. RJ100 OO-DWC (msn E3322) flew her last service, a roundtrip to Copenhagen as SN2263/SN2264, on 1 September. After maintenance, she was ferried to Cranfield on 20 September for return to lessor. OO-DWE (msn E3327) then flew her last service, also to Copenhagen, on 25 September. She is due to be ferried to Cranfield shortly. Only OO-DWD (msn E3324) remains in the fleet. She is scheduled to operate her last service on 28 October, bringing an end almost three decades of BAe 146 and Avro RJ operations.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)