Philippine airline Royal Air Charter Service has acquired former Swiss Avro RJ100 HB-IYZ (msn E3338) as RP-C8960. HB-IYZ had operated Swiss’ last RJ100 service on 14 August. After maintenance at Prestwick, she had returned to Zürich. She departed Zürich on 29 September for Cranfield. Then, on 3 October, she headed east, with stops in Varna, Baku, Tashkent, Delhi, and Chiang Rai, finally arriving in Puerto Princesa, on the island of Palawan, on 5 October. She is still painted in basic Swiss colors, but with no logo or titles.
Recent news items on Royal Air Charter Service:
- Royal Air parks its Avro RJ100s (2019-10-19)
- Royal Air adds Airbus A319s (2019-06-28)
- Earthquake interrupts Royal Air operations at Clark (2019-04-25)
- Royal Air launches flights to Puerto Princesa (2019-03-06)
- Royal Air launches domestic scheduled service (2018-12-18)