Conair Avro RJ85 air tanker C-GFVK/Tanker 391 (msn E2268) returned to Australia to help fight forest fires during the southern summer. She departed Abbotsford on 29 November, routing via Oakland, Honolulu, the Marshal Islands, and Honiara, arriving at Avalon airport outside Melbourne on 4 December. This is Tanker 391’s second tour of duty in Australia, having already operated there from December 2016 to March 2017.
Recent news items on Conair:
- Third CityJet Avro RJ85 sold to Conair (2019-05-24)
- CityJet sells another Avro RJ85 to Conair (2019-04-25)
- CityJet sells Avro RJ85 to Conair (2019-02-19)
- Conair Avro RJ85AT returns home (2019-01-12)
- RJ85 air tanker switches states and number (2018-12-09)