Royal Air Avro RJ100 RP-C8962 (msn E3259) operated the inaugural flight into the new Cagayan North International Airport (CNIA) in Lal-lo, in Cagayan Province in northern Luzon, on 23 March. RP-C8962 brought 60 Chinese passengers on a charter flight from Macau. Because the Lal-lo airport does not yet have an ICAO code, the flight first stopped in Tuguegarao. Royal Air will operate a series of weekly charters to the new airport.
Recent news items on Royal Air Charter Service:
- Royal Air parks its Avro RJ100s (2019-10-19)
- Royal Air adds Airbus A319s (2019-06-28)
- Earthquake interrupts Royal Air operations at Clark (2019-04-25)
- Royal Air launches flights to Puerto Princesa (2019-03-06)
- Royal Air launches domestic scheduled service (2018-12-18)