Filipino BAe 146 operator SkyJet is further expanding its fleet of BAe 146s. A month and a half after acquiring a series 200 from StarPerú, it has added another example of the same model from Kyrgyzstan’s Tez Jet. EX-27002 (msn E2172) arrived in Manila on 14 April, still wearing Tez Jet’s old colors, but without titles. She had been parked after Tez Jet acquired two former Ellinair Avro RJ85s, but had occasionally been pressed back into service. She joins SkyJet’s two series 200s, RP-C3855 (msn E2087) and RP-C6358 (msn E2201), and one series 100, RP-C5255 (msn E1104). Another series 100, RP-C8538 (msn E1015), has been impounded by the Philippines Bureau of Customs over documentation irregularities since March 2017 and is not expected to fly again.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)