The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury has extended its sanctions on Iran’s Mahan Air, which it considers to be supporting terrorism activities. The new order, issued on 24 May, adds several individuals and entities to OFAC’s Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List for having assisted Mahan Air obtain export-controlled, US-origin goods. US persons and individuals, entities (e.g., corporations), and organizations are prohibited from undertaking any transactions with entities on the SDN list. Many of Mahan Air’s aircraft have also been placed on the SDN list, which may prevent them from operating outside Iran. Mahan Air BAe 146s and Avro RJs added to the SDN list include: 146-200 EP-MMV (msn E2079); 146-300s EP-MOD (msn E3162) and -MOM (msn E3165); and Avro RJ85s EP-MOP (msn E2257), -MOQ (msn E2261), -MOR (msn E2392), and -MOS (msn E2347).
Recent news items on Mahan Air:
- Mahan Air retires 146th BAe 146 (2017-12-08)
- Report blames pilot error for Mahan Air BAe 146 runway over-run (2017-04-24)
- Iranian President flies on Mahan Air Avro RJ85 (2017-04-08)
- Mahan Air Avro BAe 146 damaged in runway overrun (2016-06-20)
- Mahan Air adds another Avro RJ85 (2015-11-10)