Cobham Aviation Services Avro RJ85 VH-NJW (msn E2329) was damaged in a ground accident at Perth Airport on 30 July. She was departing the passenger terminal on a FIFO flight to the Granny Smith Gold Mine in Laverton, in Western Australia, when the brakes apparently failed and she hit a light pole next to the terminal building. The 62 passengers and crew on board were deplaned with no injuries. Damage to the aircraft’s nose is being assessed.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- Cobham Aviation Services to be sold? (2019-07-27)
- Sole BAe 146-100QT broken up (2019-05-20)
- Pionair BAe 146 ends Cobham lease (2019-02-10)
- Neptune installs ADS-B Out on its BAe 146s (2019-01-25)
- Cobham BAe 146QT takes off with tail stand attached (2019-01-24)