CityJet operated its annual Christmas flight on 12 December, taking a group of children from Temple Street Children Hospital and their families on a flight to the North Pole (which, airline tracking sites reveal, is located on the Irish coast, just north of Wexford!). Avro RJ85 EI-RJO (msn E2352) did the honors this year, having received for the occasion a Rudolph-like red nose and antlers (which were retracted prior to departure). EI-RJO has been operating the Dublin-London City route on behalf of Aer Lingus recently, along with occasional charters.
Recent news items on CityJet:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet contracts with Air France and Lufthansa end (2019-10-31)
- CityJet joint venture with Air Nostrum approved (2019-07-27)
- An Avro RJ85 once again flies for Lufthansa (2019-07-21)
- Third CityJet Avro RJ85 sold to Conair (2019-05-24)